Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Brooklyn's 1st Birthday!!!

Brooklyn's birthday was on August 8th ( Happy birthday Lydia!) and it was a lot of fun. But boy has time flown by. I can't believe she's 1!The night before starting around 9:30 my mom and sister helped me make the cakes, and there were 5 of them, which lasted until 2:30 am. Brian and I actually left at 2 and my mom said she would take the last one out of the oven for me so that we could get Brooklyn home and everything. The next morning I picked up Bree at 8 and we all decorated the cake until 11:30...when the party started! It was well worth it cause it turned out cute, and may I add that it was my first cake to make and decorate! Thanks to everyone for your help!! Brooklyn was a little overwhelmed by all the people there and so she just stared and didn't look too happy in some of the pics! Enjoy!!





This picture is from her 12 month doctor visit and I just thought it was so cute




The princess was the last to arrive to her party


Looking at all the people



All her presents!!




Brooklyn loves har garden












I love this little smile







Hmm, what's in this box?









Brooklyn with cousin Noah playing the piano








Checking out Libby, her first doll!





Waiting patiently while mom reads the card









Brooklyn just absolutely loves her little radio flyer car, she also started walking with this!







Looking thrilled as everyone sings, while she eyeballs the cake!
















The castle!!










8 hours to make......





8 minutes to destroy





She's not sure what to do with it since sh'es never been able to get messy!




1st taste of chocolate!





must be pretty good










gettin ready to dig in again











The aftermath








































































3 comments:

Sean and Bree said...

yayyyy!! I've been waiting for you to post this! Yep, I'd say the cake was a real success :) I just made your CD and I'm sending it out today. Tell brooklyn Aunt bree says hi!!

Cassie said...

Happy Birthday to you too!!! What an awesome cake, and what amazing pictures you took! Or maybe that was Bree's photography... Anyways, toooooo cute!

AubreAnn said...

Look how big and cute she is! Looks like her momma w/the blonde hair :) I love how she's holding on to her daddy HAHAHA Totally checkin' out everyone. I love the cake. So cute! And, her little princess area is a doll :) She's getting soooo cute and big.